The first thing that comes to mind is that one has to be proficient in the German language in order to study in the nation. Although the language proficiency depends on the course requirements. There are three types of courses offered in Germany based on linguistic instructions:
● German only
● Mix (English & German)
● English only
So, it is completely up to the prospective student whether they want to study in English, mix, or german language. However, there may be some courses that might require basic german language up to A2 or B1 levels.
Being an industrialized nation, the German government has funded a lot on the engineering sector, and thus, the engineering technology programs are the most valued in the country. Among others, there are several courses that are considered the top ones in Germany.
These are biotechnology, biosciences, pharmacy, chemistry, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, history, psychology, business administration, and economics.
Below is the list of ten of the top German universities
● Technische Universität München
● Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
● Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg
● Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
● Freie Universität Berlin
● KIT, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
● Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen
● Technische Universität Berlin
● Technische Universität Dresden
● Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
● Universität Freiburg
A lot of times it is observed that people are unaware of the fact that Germany is amongst the top producers of the elite automobile industry, automobiles study is one of the most advanced and progressing fields for a prospecting student.
Having said that, there are some entry requirements for the level of study that a student wants to pursue.
For students aiming for undergraduate studies in Germany
● Mandatory 13 years of Education
● IELTS- 6.0 overall or TOEFL- 80 points (iBT)
For students aiming for postgraduation studies in Germany
● 15 & 16 years of Education with 75% or 2.75 GPA
● IELTS - 6.5 overall or TOEFL - 85 points (iBT)
● GRE – Appeared, Attempt is fine
For students aiming for MBA in Germany
● 15 & 16 years of Education with Relevant Subjects
● IELTS- 6.5 overall or TOEFL- 85 points (iBT)
● Work Experience 2 - 3 years
● GMAT - 550 (exceptionally required)
For more information on the course contents and guidance on Germany being your study abroad destination, feel free to contact us.
Our list of the Best Places to Study Abroad takes a look at the highlights of popular study destinations:
If you are thinking of studying in the UK, it is essential that you know about the education costsRead More
New Zealand may be best known for its stunning countryside, a population of 4.4Read More
TPSC is a leader in international student placement services. For more than 30 years, TPSC has played a significant role in the education industry. During this time, Turning Point has counseled thousands of students for placement in quality institutions.
Call : +91 9813216000