The higher education system in NZ is classified into 4 of the following institutions.
● Polytechnics and Institutes of Technology
● Colleges of Education
● Private Training Providers
There are a total of 8 universities in New Zealand, and all of them come under the top 500 QS world university rankings. The 20 polytechnics and more than 400 private education institutions offer a variety of undergraduate or postgraduate courses to choose from.
The list of top universities in New Zealand is as follows:
World University Rank
New Zealand Rank
|147||1||University of Auckland||Auckland|
|201–250||2||University of Otago||Otago|
|251–300||3||Auckland University of Technology||Auckland|
|401–500||4||University of Canterbury||Christchurch|
|501–600||5||Victoria University of Wellington||Wellington|
|501–600||6||University of Waikato||Hamilton|
|601–800||7||Massey University||Palmerston North|
High quality of education and having a perfect blend between the theoretical aspects and practical modules is a top priority of educational institutes of New Zealand. However, to get admission to these universities, you will have to qualify the common entrance criteria as ordained by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). Apart from this, a good band score in the IELTS exam is also a mandate.
● Diploma programs: Overall band score of 5.5 with no band less than 5.0
● Bachelor’s Degree: Overall band score of 6.0
● Graduate Diploma: Overall band score of 6.0
● Post Graduate Diploma: IELTS Score is 6.5 overall
● Master Programs: Overall band score of 6.5