As stated by the Ministry of Manpower, Singapore, the overseas students pursuing their higher education in Singapore are licensed to work for 16 hours per week when the term sustains and full time for unlimited hours during the vacations.
The students need to keep the following in mind, when applying for the part-time jobs:
● The students should be enrolled in a full time degree course in one of the approved institutes.
● The international students should have a valid student pass that is promulgated by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
A student is not eligible to work part time or full time in the following cases:
● If the student is enrolled in a college other than the ones listed in the official site of the Ministry of Manpower.
● If the student is enrolled in a student exchange program for the study modules in Singapore.
Common jobs that international students choose
Once the student’s institution permits them to work while studying, the students are at liberty to work within a limit of 16 hours at maximum.
The jobs that a student can do in order to be able to pay off some of their expenses are:
● Data-entry Operator
● Waiting or Kitchen staff in restaurants
● On-Campus Jobs
● Customer service provider
● Packing or warehouse management
● Laundry cleaning (dry cleaning)
For more information regarding this, contact us directly.
Our list of the Best Places to Study Abroad takes a look at the highlights of popular study destinations:
If you are thinking of studying in the UK, it is essential that you know about the education costsRead More
New Zealand may be best known for its stunning countryside, a population of 4.4Read More
TPSC is a leader in international student placement services. For more than 30 years, TPSC has played a significant role in the education industry. During this time, Turning Point has counseled thousands of students for placement in quality institutions.
Call : +91 9813216000