According to the NZ census, there’s a population of around 5% Indians in New Zealand, making it to around 250,000 Indian people. This suggests that the nation is the topmost choice for study and work purposes for international students.
The whole procedure of visa processing is not arduous but can get overwhelming. We have compiled a checklist to guide you through. To stay in New Zealand for more than 3 months, you require a student visa. When you apply for a visa, you need to make sure that you choose the right category.
There are 4 types of student visas:
1. Fee-Paying Student Visa
2. Exchange Student Visa
3. Foreign Government-Supported Student Visa
4. Pathway Student Visa
Your NZ visa application mandates a few documents.
Below is the list for it:
● Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate
● Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement
● Your English Proficiency test results
● Proof of visa application fees payment
● Health insurance (Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC))
● Verification of your criminal records
● Financial Requirements proving a sum of up to AU$18,610 per year
● Proof of placement at an educational institution approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA)
Your application must be able to demonstrate that you are a genuine student and will be following a recognized full-time course while being able to provide for yourself and your studies. Moreso, you need to abide by the laws set by the government of New Zealand.
Other visa requirements for New Zealand are as follows:
● Valid passport, having validity of 6 months succeeding your date of departure.
● Transcripts of your previous education
● Scorecards of IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, SAT, etc.
● Statement of purpose
● Recent Resume/CV
● At least two academic references and work references(in case of work experience)
● Evidence of tuition fee payment slip
● Proof of adequate funds
● Full body medical checkup
For more information, contact us directly or reach out to us in your nearby branch.
Our list of the Best Places to Study Abroad takes a look at the highlights of popular study destinations:
TPSC is a leader in international student placement services. For more than 30 years, TPSC has played a significant role in the education industry. During this time, Turning Point has counseled thousands of students for placement in quality institutions.
Call : +91 9813216000