Study in Canada Requirements

As permission and as a law, Indian students have to obtain a Study Permit and a Temporary Resident Visa

A study permit is issued by Citizen & Immigration which is always accompanied by a visitor visa or electronic travel authorization. To enroll for Study Permit, you will need :

  • Letter of acceptance issued by the designated educational institution in Canada
  • Proof of financial funds showing you can support yourself and your family members while you stay in Canada.
  • If the duration of study is less than 1 year, you have to provide proof that you can sustain your funds for the duration of studies whereas If the duration of study is more than a year you need to provide proof for the first year of study.
  • Attested Copies of 10th,12th, and Degree certification
  • Proof of Payment
  • Photostat copy of Valid Passport or Travel Document showing Passport number, Issuance, and Expiry date, Photo, Name, and Date of Birth
  • (To get TRV, if the study permit application is approved you will need to provide your original passport for issuance of TRV)
  • Two Passport Size Photographs with name and date of birth written at the back of the photo.
  • English Proficiency Certificate – A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 6 is essential for applying to study permit If married, Photocopy of Marriage License /Certificates.

For the application for the study permit, there is a visa fee of CAD150.

Explore Educational Opportunities

Our list of the Best Places to Study Abroad takes a look at the highlights of popular study destinations:

Get Free Consultation

TPSC is a leader in international student placement services. For more than 30 years, TPSC has played a significant role in the education industry. During this time, Turning Point has counseled thousands of students for placement in quality institutions.

Call : +91 9813216000