Study in Canada Requirements
As permission and as a law, Indian students have to obtain a Study Permit and a Temporary Resident Visa
A study permit is issued by Citizen & Immigration which is always accompanied by a visitor visa or electronic travel authorization. To enroll for Study Permit, you will need :
- Letter of acceptance issued by the designated educational institution in Canada
- Proof of financial funds showing you can support yourself and your family members while you stay in Canada.
- If the duration of study is less than 1 year, you have to provide proof that you can sustain your funds for the duration of studies whereas If the duration of study is more than a year you need to provide proof for the first year of study.
- Attested Copies of 10th,12th, and Degree certification
- Proof of Payment
- Photostat copy of Valid Passport or Travel Document showing Passport number, Issuance, and Expiry date, Photo, Name, and Date of Birth
(To get TRV, if the study permit application is approved you will need to provide your original passport for issuance of TRV)
- Two Passport Size Photographs with name and date of birth written at the back of the photo.
- English Proficiency Certificate – A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 6 is essential for applying to study permit
If married, Photocopy of Marriage License /Certificates.
For the application for the study permit, there is a visa fee of CAD150.