The Netherlands have had a long standing reputation for its way of teaching and delivering the lectures in a manner that is easily comprehensible by foreign nationals. With an active approach and friendly nature of the professors, the reasons to study in this nation steps up on the ladder.
The higher education institutes are classified into two categories:
● Universities of applied sciences (hogescholen; HBO)- these institutes offer vocational programs. These universities emphasize on the practical aspects of education, thus providing work experience through internships.
Duration of the professional programs
● Bachelor (B): 4 years
● Bachelor of Science (BSc): 4 years
● Bachelor of Arts (BA): 4 years
● Master (M): 1-4 years
● Master of Arts (MA): 1-2 years
● Dutch Research universities (universiteiten; WO)- these universities offer more general courses. These are research-oriented courses and require a thesis based on the research done by the student.
Duration of the study programs
● PhD: 4 years
● Master of Arts (MA): 1-3 years
● Master of Science (MSc): 1-3 years
● Bachelor of Arts (BA): 3 years
● Bachelor of Science (BSc): 3 years
The Netherlands is the best place to pursue your bachelor’s or master's degree owing to the ample of opportunities provided to the students in minimum tuition fees.
Some of the top universities and business schools inclusive of both, research universities and the universities of applied sciences, are listed below:
1. University of Amsterdam.
2. Utrecht University.
3. Erasmus University Rotterdam.
4. Wageningen University and Research Center.
5. Leiden University.
6. Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
7. University of Groningen.
8. Radboud University Nijmegen.
9. The Hague University of Applied Sciences
10. Fontys University of Applied Sciences
The language certificates you will need to provide, depending on the language in which you wish to study, are:
● For Dutch: Dutch TUL or Dutch NT2-II diploma
● For English: TOEFL, IELTS, or C1 Advanced, PTE Academic
Since the IELTS exam is the most preferred choice of students all over the world, the university has set some requirements on the band scores.
● Minimum score of 6.0: Direct admission
● Score between 5.5 to 6.0: Preparatory program of six months is required
● Score between 5.0 to 5.5: Preparatory program of one year is required.
Our list of the Best Places to Study Abroad takes a look at the highlights of popular study destinations:
If you are thinking of studying in the UK, it is essential that you know about the education costsRead More
New Zealand may be best known for its stunning countryside, a population of 4.4Read More
TPSC is a leader in international student placement services. For more than 30 years, TPSC has played a significant role in the education industry. During this time, Turning Point has counseled thousands of students for placement in quality institutions.
Call : +91 9813216000