To study in the US you need to first know about the visa type that you are going to apply for. There are two types of visa category F or M, the former type is for university or college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory, and other academic institutions including a language training program. The M type is for vocational or other recognized nonacademic institutions, other than a language training program.
With Turning Point at your service, you will not have to worry about any of the measures to be taken. In overview, there are a few major steps that one needs to undergo for their visa filing process.
1. Receiving the acceptance i-20 form by a SEVP-certified institution (Student and Exchange Visitor Program).
2. Payment of SEVIS fee (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System)
3. Submission of DS-160 visa application
4. Visa interview
*The US visa application fee is US$160 along with an additional SEVIS fee, which is US$350.
It is only after the selection of the program that the arduous part begins. The part where you have to file for a visa petition. There are some documents that you need to gather around for the process.
● A passport holding a validity period of a minimum of 6 months past your period of stay
● Latest passport size photograph
● Confirmation page of DS-160
● Form i-20 (sent by the college)
● Payment receipt of SEVIS
● English proficiency exam results (IELTS, TOEFL, or Duolingo) and any other exam score sheets (GRE, SAT)
● Evidence proving that you have enough funds to study and maintain your living all through the duration of your stay.
○ Bank statements
○ Any sponsorial financial undertaking
○ Any scholarship program
● Original mark sheets and transcripts
Contact us for a free counseling session, and we will be pleased to guide you at every step, from choosing the suitable course and university to taking your mock visa interviews so that you ace the real one.