Spouse or Family Visa

The Dependent Visa Guide

Better standard of living and quality of life is what drives people to go abroad, specifically for studies. With globally recognized qualifications, one gets the most desired aspects of life.
The likelihood of a dependent visa along with a student visa allows the next of kin to live concurrently as the student visa applicant completes their studies.

The spouse or partner visa is specifically designed for those whose partners have received their study permit in foreign nations and wish to take an immediate family member along with them. So their partners can apply for a spouse visa.

The student visa holder can sponsor their partner. The spouse or the partner can be defined by the followings
➔ De facto relationship- This is the type of relationship in which the partners are not legally married but they have lived together for at least 12 months. This is also termed a civil partnership.
➔ Prospective marriage fiancés- If the couple was unable to marry or live together but are engaged and aiming to get married in near future, they come under this category.
➔ Interdependent- This is for the same-sex couples who were unable to marry owing to extenuating circumstances or the criminality of their marriage in their home country.

Only your fiancée or proposed civil partner and your child is eligible for student dependents and are given permission to stay in the corresponding country. Your parents, brother, sister, or any other relatives are not considered as dependents and hence cannot be sponsored through your student visa.

Requirements for Spouse Visa

The foreign national spouse or common-law partner or dependent is permitted to live with you if they are eligible and qualify the general criteria.
➔ Valid passport
➔ Your partner must be 18 years of age or above
➔ The dependent children should be below 18 years
➔ You must have strong financial records to support your family along with you
➔ A 3-month college attendance report of the sponsor
➔ No criminal records of the applicant proof
➔ Medical examination and biometrics of the applicant
➔ Proof of work and income of the sponsor
➔ Application for of the respective country with fee payment details
➔ Health insurance for dependents
➔ Proof of kinship (marriage certificates or birth certificates)

Specific Requirements For Different Countries
Spouse Visa For USA

● Application form DS-160
● copy of the family member's SEVIS-dependent Form I-20
● Visa application fee
● documents showing that your family members will return to your home country for reasons of their own.
● Supporting documentation, including copies of the F-1 student's immigration documents, proof of student status, and financial documentation
● Petition-based Temporary Workers (H-1B, H-2, H-3, CW1, L, O, P, R, E2C)

Spouse Visa For UK

● Completed appropriate Dependant form.
● Current passport or travel document.
● Current Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card (if applicable).
● Police Registration Certificate (PRC) of dependant
● Tuberculosis (TB) certificate
● Evidence of partnership
● Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) (£477 per year per applicant)
● Proof of adequate accommodation
● Criminal record check results

Canada Spouse Visa For Students

● The sponsor must be enrolled in a full-time program at a Designated Learning Institute (DLI)
● A Medical Report from Panel Physicians approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
● Visa Processing fee: Due at file submission CAD$ 255 (Per Person)
● Biometric Fee: CAD$ 85 (Per Person)
● Rental agreement
● Letter from the landlord and employer
● Bank statements
● Relationship proof

Spouse Visa For Australia/New Zealand

● Form 919, Nomination of student dependents
● Form 157A, Application for a student visa
● The health examination report, chiefly Chest X-ray, Urine, and Blood tests
● Must have OSHC – Health Insurance
● Completely filled Application Form 47SP
● The Sponsor in Australia must provide Form 40SP to the partner as a sponsor
● Proof of school enrolment of school-aged children
● Proof of health insurance for dependents
● Letter from a teacher declaring the following
     ○ Course name
     ○ Course length
     ○ Expected completion date of the course

All these application details and the forms to be filled need thorough research and knowledge in order to get visa approval. Our team of experts and experienced visa consultants are here at your service. Contact us for more details or visit us at your nearest branch.

Get Free Consultation

TPSC is a leader in international student placement services. For more than 30 years, TPSC has played a significant role in the education industry. During this time, Turning Point has counseled thousands of students for placement in quality institutions.

Call : +91 9813216000

Get Consultation