Planning your future abroad, but stressed about the language exam? There’s no doubt that linguistic skills are what makes a person authoritative and excel in their career. Improving your english enhances your chances towards coming out on top, when you are:
● Preparing for higher education
● Prepping for your dream job
● Moving up the career ladder
● Migrating to a country of your choice
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is designed to assess the English proficiency skills of a candidate. With over 2 million applicants every year, this test has certainly gained more recognition and therefore is accepted by countries and universities all across the world. It has been termed as the solitary language dexterity examination.
Increasing your chances of getting a better position in your career in a multinational corporation, this test improves your english soft skills in conventional life. This test evaluates your skills in listening, reading, writing, and speaking sections. With the results having a high degree of accuracy in gauging the command of English, more than 10,000 colleges and universities surpassing 150 countries approve this exam.
This test is intended for anyone and everyone who wishes to pursue their further studies or migrate for job prospects in any English speaking country. This test has been mandated by governments and universities all across the world, as it is the most trusted linguistic competence assessment exam.
Specifically if you are planning to pursue your higher education in countries like Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and USA, it has been made a requisite to score an overall band score of 6 with no less than 6 in each module. However, the band scoring can range according to different colleges and course types.
There are basically two test types of IELTS, academic and general IELTS. You can choose either one based on your requirements. The basic difference lies in the test format.
● The IELTS General Training test is for those who plan on going abroad for work or training purposes or want to pursue a below degree level program. In this, you are supposed to write a letter or an email in your task 1 of the writing module.
● The IELTS Academic test is for the students who are aiming to pursue their graduation or post graduation in anglophone countries. In the academic writing test, the candidate has to write about the pictorial representation in around 150 words.
|What You Want To Do||The IELTS Type You Need||Test Mode|
I want to:Study in a University/ College at Undergraduate or Postgraduate level
You should take IELTSAcademic
IELTS Academic is available in the following modes in India:
1. Paper Delivered Mode2. Computer Delivered Mode
I want to:Train or study at below degree level work or undertake work-related training or emigrate to an English-Speaking country
|You should take IELTS General Training||
IELTS General is available in the following modes in India:
1. Paper Delivered Mode
2. Computer Delivered Mode
To emigrate to an anglophone nation, it is substantially vital to take the IELTS exam. There are 4 IELTS modules: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. The test takers are required to successfully complete the test with a good result in each module for migrating abroad for either of the reasons, education basis or for work.
The reading tests consist of a total of 40 questions that are to be answered in 60 minutes. This module is segregated by three comprehension passages having different varieties of questions- multiple choice, short answer questions, labelling diagrams, fill in the blanks, etc.
The resources for the reading section can be downloaded from the official IELTS website, but the best way to enhance your skills is when you make use of books, journals, and magazines.
The listening tests module has 4 sections having 10 questions each, and a total time limit of 40 minutes with an additional 10 minutes to transfer the answers on the OMR sheet. Section-wise, it is divided as follows:
● Section A- Telephonic conversation between 2 people
● Section B- One person speaking on a topic on social context
● Section C- Conversation between 3 people
● Section D- A monologue on an academic subject
Of all modules in IELTS, this is no doubt the trickiest of them. The writing task section has 2 questions: that need to be completed in 60 minutes all together.
● Task 1: In this task, a graph, table, chart, or a diagram and/or a letter, concluding in 250-280 words, based on the type of IELTS exam. The types have been mentioned above in the article.
● Task 2: For this, you have to write an essay responding to a point of view, argument, or problem statement, as mentioned in the question.
The speaking test concludes in 3 parts and takes about 11-15 minutes. The general make-up of this module is as follows:
● Part 1: This 4-5 minutes task consists of general questions about the candidate, such as family, work, interests, and study goals.
● Part 2: In this section, the candidate is given a cue card and has to speak about the topic for around 2 minutes. A time of 1 minutes is provided to the candidate to read the prompt and gather ideas about the same
● Part 3: This final part comprises the follow up questions about the things that the candidate has said in the previous task. It is concluded in 4-5 minutes.
The total duration of the test is 2 hours and 45 minutes. The respective first three modules are concluded on the same date, devoid of any breaks in between. However, the speaking module can be completed in between one week prior to the LRW date and 7 days after the test.
Now you may ask, how is the IELTS scored?There are a few benchmarks that the examiners look for while marking your modules and according to those, they give you a band score.
|Writing Section||Speaking Section|
|Task Achievement (Task1)||Fluency And Coherence|
|Task Response (Task 2)||Lexical Resource|
|Coherence and Cohesion||Grammatical Range and Accuracy|
|Lexical Resource and Grammatical Range and Accuracy||Pronunciation|
Scoring is between 0 (minimum) and 9 (maximum) with 0.5 band increment. Four scores are reported on the IELTS:
● Reading score reported on a 0-9 band scale, with 0.5 band increment
● Listening score reported on a 0-9 band scale, with 0.5 band increment
● Writing score reported on a 0-9 band scale, with 0.5 band increment
● Speaking score reported on a 0-9 band scale, with 0.5 band increment
With the experience of 28+ years, we recognize the difficulties faced by the students and care deeply about them. Our main focus is to ensure that no aspirant has to face any issues. For this, we have employed the finest trainees who are certified in their fields by the global leader, IDP, itself.
Ranging from the students who are not adept in English to the ones who wish to give the exam for improving scores, Turning Point is the best IELTS coaching centre. Our teaching crew is quarterbacked by award-winning language experts. Our students never leave disappointed and have scored excellent IELTS results.
Being a competitive exam, it is necessary for the candidate to gain proper guidance on how to ace it. Our teaching pattern is smooth yet effective, inclusive of a basic assessment by our faculty at the very beginning of the course. Based on this, the aspirant is assigned to an expert, who will help the student to excel in the test modules. Endeavoring greater results, we take complete consideration of your requirements and frame ourselves to better suit your terms of learning.
➔ Step 1: Evaluation
◆ We’ll get to know your academic background, study style, and goals.
➔ Step 2: Match
◆ Once we understand your needs, we’ll select the right tutor for you
➔ Step 3: A Custom Plan
◆ Your tutor will create a study plan that fits your needs and schedule.
With Cambridge IELTS booklets, an official publication for IELTS, issued as coursework, our focal point is to make the students familiar with the examination pattern. We believe that the greatest way to outshine in any exam is to work at your own pace according to your grasping abilities, therefore, we ensure a calm and positive environment is maintained throughout.
The online packages offered by Turning Point consist of preparatory online classes for grammar, vocabulary enhancement, and fundamental understanding of the IELTS. Alongside, the subject matter provided to the students has been created by experienced and expert trainers in the field. Apart from this, the practice tests are conducted on AI-powered simulated test engines that provide you with an authentic IELTS test vibe.
Moreover, we have special IELTS coaching in various languages keeping in mind the ease of students, so that they can comprehend better. English- Hindi, English-Gujrati, English- Malayalam, and only in English. Among our various packages, the most famous ones among the students are the live regular packages and mock test packages. The details of all are mentioned below:
You can enroll in the online batches at any time of any day! Moreover, we offer you 5 day Freemium trial classes on our e-learning portal, so that you can get the taste of the authentic services that we provide, and see for yourself why our students claim us to be the best. If you wish to get classroom training, you can register for a free demo class in one of our branches. For more details, contact us, we’ll be happy to receive and henceforth revert your queries!
TPSC is a leader in international student placement services. For more than 30 years, TPSC has played a significant role in the education industry. During this time, Turning Point has counseled thousands of students for placement in quality institutions.
Call : +91 9813216000Get Consultation